1. I have the day off tomorrow (and Monday) and am off to Newcastle to see some university friends, sparra
and Mr sparra
. Also Hetty shall be there (we did organise this on purpose) and lots of North East based fun will most likely be had.
2. I was looking for a new knitting project last night, because I've only got the fiddly bits left on the one I'm working on at the moment and so don't want to take it to Newcastle, so I clicked over to Knitty
, found there was a new issue out, and the first pattern I clicked on
was a) something I want to make, b) something I want to wear and c) appropriate for the yarn I have lying around at home. Yay! Speaking of Knitty, how cute is this pattern
? I don't know any Small Children of the right age to make it for but, not going to lie, I'm pretty tempted just to make one for myself. The XL size should just about fit me and then I could pretend to be a DINOSAUR.
3. By a happy coincidence I am reading Waverley
and watching The Highlanders
at the same time. (Well, not exactly simultaneously, as that would be confusing, but you know what I mean.) I am enjoying the latter a lot more than the former, which is yet to get going. The tiny print doesn't help. But according to the blurb on the back Our Hero is going to have adventures with "the dauntless Flora Mac-Ivor" so I shall look forward to that. It is a long train journey to Edinburgh so hopefully I should be able to make a reasonable dent in it then. Heh, I just looked it up on Amazon, to check the quote above, and found a customer review that made me *headdesk* a little:
"I have heard alot of talk about how this book is definitive in modern novels, however I would rather stick to novels that actually speak modern language. Such an old vocabulary is no longer used in modern society, so why praise a terrible book that embraces this?"
4. I had a meeting this morning in the Avon Room. Sadly there were no amoral leather-clad computer geniuses in attendance. Not that I noticed, anyway.
5. I am feeling very insecure about all the commas in this post. I keep taking them out and putting them back in and moving them around. *glares them into submission*